Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft pick compensation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Draft pick compensation Empty
PostSubject: Draft pick compensation   Draft pick compensation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:48 am

I'll hold off on a poll for now, as not much was said about this... here is how it's done now, any thoughts to change it?

think the way we are doing it is fair?

To sum it up, here's how we do it:

An "A" free agent is considered any player whose current rating is 90 or higher
If you lose an "A" free agent:
*you receive a Sandwich pick after round 1
*you receive the team that signed him's 2nd round pick, or if they don't have that pick you receive a SW pick after the 2nd round.

If you sign an "A" free agent:
*you lose your 2nd round pick, or if that is not available your next highest pick.
*you cannot lose picks you've traded for.

A "B" Free Agent is the next best free agents. This is determined based on the # of picks it takes after round 5 to get to 180 total picks. Last year I believe there were around 20, and ranged from 89 overall to low 80's currents, but I don't recall the specific # or ratings.
*If you lose a "B" free agent, you get a pick after round 5.
*If you sign a "B" free agent, you do not lose anything.

Potential things to consider....

Is there a way to increase the # of premier free agents available?
Should the compensation for "A" or "B" free agents be increased/decreased?
Should the definition of "A", "B", or potentially "C" be changed/added?
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Draft pick compensation   Draft pick compensation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:25 pm

I say we change it to only awarding a team a sandwich pick for premier free agents in the 2nd round. It's not fair that a team my have traded away their 2nd round pick and in some cases, 2nd, 3rd and 4th so they'd get a 5th round pick.
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Draft pick compensation   Draft pick compensation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 2:19 pm

we changed it.... if i lose a free agent to you, and

you've traded your 2nd round pick I get a SW pick after round one, and a SW pick after round two, and you lose your next available pick.

you have your 2nd round pick I get a SW pick after round one, and your 2nd round pick.

CHANGES I'D LIKE TO SEE:
Discontinue trading picks in free agency until all "A" free agents have been signed, and maybe do something where we gave SW picks after round 3 (or maybe even after round 2)for the first 5 "B" free agents, SW picks after round 4 (maybe round 3) for the next 5 "B" free agents, and the remainder to fill the draft out after round 5. Just receiving a pick after round 5 for an 89 or 88 player that you lose seems off to me.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Draft pick compensation   Draft pick compensation Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:21 pm

I think we should implement "C" free agents

A- "premier free agents"
93+
Receive: Sandwhich after first/2nd round, teams 2nd pick (lower if they don;t)

B- "star free agents"
88-92
Recieve: Sandwhich pick after 2nd round, receive a team's 3rd round pick (or lower)

C- "good players"
87 and under until the draft reaches 180 picks
Receive: Sandwhich pick after 5th round
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft pick compensation   Draft pick compensation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Draft pick compensation
Page 1 of 1