Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

draft pick trading

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

draft pick trading Empty
PostSubject: draft pick trading   draft pick trading Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 1:33 pm

I think this is a great feature, and has made trading easier and more frequent. The one problem it seems to cause is with draft pick compensation. JUst a few ideas that I think would make this work much better with the draft compensation system.

Discontinue the trading of 2nd round picks. This would keep the trading of draft picks going, but still keep the main compensation piece in place for use in draft compensation. The exception would be that this pick could be traded once the A free agents have all been signed. So for example if in the coming offseason the Orioles don't sign an A free agent, once they've all been signed we can trade our 2nd round pick between that time and the draft.

Place a hold on trading draft picks at the start of free agency. This would be in place until all "A" and "B" free agents have been signed. Any picks that you "lose" as compensation would not be available to be traded. For instance if you have all your picks, and sign two "A" free agents you would not be able to trade your 2nd or 3rd pick, as you would lose both of those as compensation. I noticed several times last year teams would sign an "A" free agent, then after that trade the pick they would be losing as compensation. This would prevent that.

Track traded picks better. I think we started to do this year but I have no idea where that post is, or how up to date it is.
Back to top Go down

draft pick trading
Page 1 of 1