Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Draft compensation

Go down 
+2
Admin
defense
6 posters
AuthorMessage
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:03 pm

Ok, so I am thinking of draft compensation for teams who lose good free agents. But we are in a stand-still on how it should go. This is my idea:

Type A free agents(90+) will get a first round compostion on them, and type B(80-89) will get a third round pick if they are signed within five days within free agency. If not, then the former team doesn't recieve anything.

What'cha think? Ideas for this are welcome

Last edited by on Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:08 pm

I like my idea better which is teams that sign an A free agent have to give up their second round pick and the team that loses the player gets a sandwich pick. We will totally eliminate the sixth round. This way, the second round can be like a sandwich round. Any additional picks left over at the end will go to teams who lost the best players who werent an A free agent.

I dont think teams should have to give up their first round pick because there are way too many A free agents and it is a HUGE loss to lose a first round pick in mogul rather than in real life. In real life there are 50 rounds to make it up, in mogul, theres five. Also, B free agents are a dime a dozen and you can get them for cheap so it isnt a huge loss.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
hoosier31

hoosier31

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:09 am

Do you mean draft 'compensation', I'm not sure what you mean by draft compolition.

I think there might be a middle ground by placing the types of free agents in a more specific bracket. For instance, make a type A free agent a 95+ rated player and grant the signees 1st round pick to the team that lost the player. Let's face it, if the Phils lose Ryan Howard for nothing, a first round pick doesnt come to compensating for the loss but is fairly significant (as Minn stated). Then make another bracket for 90-95 for Type B, 85-90 for Type C where more of the players will fall... 2nd round for Type B, 3rd round for Type C. Just came up with that off the top of my head so I'm sure more details need to be added, but may not be bad as a general framework.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:53 am

hoosier31 wrote:
Do you mean draft 'compensation', I'm not sure what you mean by draft compolition.

I think there might be a middle ground by placing the types of free agents in a more specific bracket. For instance, make a type A free agent a 95+ rated player and grant the signees 1st round pick to the team that lost the player. Let's face it, if the Phils lose Ryan Howard for nothing, a first round pick doesnt come to compensating for the loss but is fairly significant (as Minn stated). Then make another bracket for 90-95 for Type B, 85-90 for Type C where more of the players will fall... 2nd round for Type B, 3rd round for Type C. Just came up with that off the top of my head so I'm sure more details need to be added, but may not be bad as a general framework.
I dont think that will work because there will be many Bs and Cs, and people could sign like 6 or 7 of them. I think only As deserve compensation, because you can get Bs or Cs fairly cheap in this league so they dont necessarily need compensation for those guys. On the other hand, a sandwich pick and a teams second round pick should help compensate for the loss of an A. Of course it doesnt replace the players value, but its better than nothing.

And I think As should be 90 or higher.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
deputydan

deputydan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 10:03 am

what if the same team wants to go after two A type players but only have one draft pick they can give up?
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 am

deputydan wrote:
what if the same team wants to go after two A type players but only have one draft pick they can give up?
If they both go after type A's, like in real life, their next draft pick would be given up. So if they don't have a first rounder, they would give up a second rounder
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:39 pm

i like these i guess
Back to top Go down
PadresGM

PadresGM

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 4:09 pm

I think it's a decent idea.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 4:47 pm

You two guys like my compensation idea, or admin's, or...?
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 pm

any are good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft compensation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft compensation   Draft compensation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Draft compensation
Page 1 of 1