Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Padres

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GHG83

GHG83

Number of posts : 127
GM : Padres
Favorite Athlete : Chipper Jones
Registration date : 2007-07-25

Padres Empty
PostSubject: Padres   Padres Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 9:59 am

I am really not great at writing out "stories" for my team so I will simply discuss it.

I am getting kind of pissed off at some of my players performences. Jose Panameno I really hoped would have a break out season but so far he's 0-3 with an ERA of 6.00+. For a guy with an 87 overall that's just not acceptable. I just recently signed Millwood and Penny. Not because I think they will get me to the playoffs. Far from it. I simply need something to throw in there that I think will give me a better chance of winning. It also doesn't help when all your best pitching prospects look like they will be relief pitchers.

When it comes to my offense I know it's pretty lousy. But to be honest, I am a lot more optimistic about that then my pitching

Brendan Moss(87) 27 years old RF. I think this guy could be one of of the players I build my team around.
Top Prospects: 1B-Mark Luba(75/93), 1B- Joe Galton(66/98 ), 1B- Joe Denners(52/89), 3B- Koby Clemens(75/91) LF- Brian Honey(67/80 ), CF- Warren Lemire(67/82) 2B- Mike Vickers(53/98 ).

So basically I am at a crossroads. Trade a few of those prospects for some pitching prospects?

I know I am a few seasons away from being a contender. So I am not looking for a quick fix. Although some of my signings may make it look like I am. Basically I am just trying to get some veterans who are cheap and can fill the holes till my young players are ready to perform. Does that make sense to anyone?

GHG
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Padres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Padres   Padres Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2007 1:37 pm

I think it makes sense. Get a good balance of prospects, and pick up some cheap veterans to fill your major leagues with. If you aren't competing for the playoffs, keep your prospects in the minors so they can develop better, and put as much money into the farm as you can, and as little as you can into the majors.
Back to top Go down
GHG83

GHG83

Padres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Padres   Padres Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:01 am

I haven't done one of these in a long time. While I am not the greatest at writing up team stories and what not. I decided I would make a "Future of the Padres" blog to discuss trades I make, FA signings etc. Just where I explain how I plan to rebuild this team. I will have the first one up in a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
GHG83

GHG83

Padres Empty
PostSubject: Oct 7, 2007(2011 in Game)   Padres Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:23 am

Alrighty then here it goes.

As you know the padres are as of right now. One of the worst teams in Baseball. But I think that I can be competitive in 2-4 years.

My Current and line-up

1-CF- Brian Honey-23 Years Old(69/ 80 ) AVG. 000 HR- 0 RBI-0
Will be making his MLB Debut soon. I like this kids potential as of right now 74 contact 73 power. While not the greatest, I think this kid has a chance to be VERY good one day.
Future Role as of today: CF of the future
2-C- Eliezer Alfonzo-32 years old(78 ) AVG- .257 HR-10 RBI- 24
Pretty much a back-up catcher at best. I don't really have a catcher of the future yet.
Future Role- Fill in for now.
3. 1B- Kevin Mench-32 years old-( 82/ 82) AVG- .295 HR-4 RBI 26
I've liked his roll so far in my lineup. Solid hitter with below average power. I know he won't be my 1B forever(that spot goes to Joe Gatton if the trade falls through). But he will probably always have a spot on the Pads
Future Role- Pinch Hitter
4- LF- Billy Butler-24 years old- (86/86) AVG .311 HR-11 RBI-35
Wow, I love this kid. 85 Contact 90 power and only 24 years old. This kid is going to be good for a long long time. I wasn't really expecting him to have a good season after last years AVG-246 HR-10 RBI-37 campaign. This is a break out year and I think he only going to get better.
Future Role- LF for the next 20 years
5- RF- Brandon Moss-27 Years old-(85/85) AVG-293 HR-5 RBI- 37
Solid RF. 88 Contact and 76 power. Think he will be around for awhile
Future Role- RF until replacement can be found.
6- 2B- Koby Clemens
Not sure what to say about him. He will be on the next update.
7-SS- Brian Roberts
A fill in nothing more.
8- 3B- Andy Laroche
Same with Roberts.

Pitching will be on next update.

As well as my review on my minor leaguers.
[i]
Back to top Go down
jcc_paco
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2007-06-04

Padres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Padres   Padres Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 4:40 pm

cool, good summary!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content