Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

REVENUE SHARING VOTE

Go down 
+4
SanjiWatsuki
kaameleon
uscsteve
jcclemen2
8 posters

What should the revenue sharing plan for 2011 be?
Continue with the same plan used in 2010?
REVENUE SHARING VOTE Vote_lcap50%REVENUE SHARING VOTE Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Increase to Step 2 (slight increase)?
REVENUE SHARING VOTE Vote_lcap50%REVENUE SHARING VOTE Vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
Discontinue revenue sharing?
REVENUE SHARING VOTE Vote_lcap0%REVENUE SHARING VOTE Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

REVENUE SHARING VOTE Empty
PostSubject: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:44 am

OK, I'm copying what I pasted before.... the 3 choices are to: continue as is, increase to Step 2 of the plan, or discontinue...

****there is an "expand" button in the bottom right corner that will make these pictures bigger, so make sure you click that.... ********

OK, here is my current estimate for revenue sharing...

https://2img.net/h/i157.photobucket.com/albums/t78/jclemen2/BASEBALL/2010revenuesharingestimate.jpg

These #'s are high on the payout amounts, because some of this money goes towards the prize payouts (16-20 million). Basically you received part of this already as a payout prior to the season. Just trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Also, I did one sim to get revenue #'s, here is how the playoffs worked out, as that is an important factor.... Mariners beat Twins 3-0, Orioles beat tigers 3-2, Orioles beat Mariners 4-1. Nats beat Giants 3-2, Mets beat Cards 3-0, Mets beat Nats 4-2. Baltimore beats Mets 4-3. Also I didn't increase playoff ticket prices, so that will raise some extra revenue.

Also, for the voting, the options are to continue (use this year's plan for next offseason as well) https://2img.net/h/i157.photobucket.com/albums/t78/jclemen2/BASEBALL/2010revenuesharingestimate.jpg

increase the amount to STEP 2 of the plan
https://2img.net/h/i157.photobucket.com/albums/t78/jclemen2/BASEBALL/2011revenuesharingestimate.jpg

or discontinue altogether.

Also, just as a note, I do change the calculations somewhat based on the numbers. This is due to how big of an impact the Yankees and Mets have ton this plan. Also if it get's to STEP 3, there will be a slightly bigger gap between the Yanks and Mets, which I think is fair, but isn't there now because of the Mets being actively run, and the Yanks not being, meaning they have more money available to pay.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:29 pm

I'd vote for the 2nd option but I don't think playoff revenue should be taxed. I think it's kind of unfair to the teams as a reward for making the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
kaameleon

kaameleon

Number of posts : 461
GM : Seattle Mariners
Favorite Athlete : Roberto Clemente
Registration date : 2007-01-28

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 7:36 pm

I agree with steve on this, I think the revenue sharing numbers should be based on end of regular season revenue. The palyoff revenue is/should be a bonus for getting there.
Back to top Go down
http://z4.invisionfree.com/New_Millenium_Mogul/index.php?act=idx
SanjiWatsuki
League Official
League Official
SanjiWatsuki

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:26 pm

No playoff revenue taxing, but a STEP 3. I voted Step 2 in the poll, but I'd rather have that.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:49 pm

uscsteve wrote:
I'd vote for the 2nd option but I don't think playoff revenue should be taxed. I think it's kind of unfair to the teams as a reward for making the playoffs.
Agreed with Steve
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:49 pm

SanjiWatsuki wrote:
No playoff revenue taxing, but a STEP 3. I voted Step 2 in the poll, but I'd rather have that.

yes.. like it matters for me cuz I'm paying the same in both scenarios...

you just want me to pay more... that's the bottom line... anything to weaken a rival...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
drastic

drastic

Number of posts : 63
GM : Pirates
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:58 pm

I'm not sure how this works, so I'll hold off on my vote for now.
Back to top Go down
jcc_paco
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:30 pm

OK, last chance to vote for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING VOTE   REVENUE SHARING VOTE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REVENUE SHARING VOTE
Page 1 of 1