Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

REVENUE SHARING!!!

Go down 
+4
tunit
ahsfl
cubfan131
thrower25usr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2006-10-22

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 pm

this will just be a thread for gathering and talking about ideas. once we come up with a decent plan we can start another thread and vote on it.
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:42 pm

some ideas have been: a percentage of total salary goes to a pot that is distributed

a percentage of salary over a certain point goes to a pot that is distrubuted
Back to top Go down
cubfan131

cubfan131

Number of posts : 456
GM : Chicago Cubs
Registration date : 2006-10-10

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:06 pm

What if we did something like take 10% of every team’s revenue sum it up and then give an equal portion back to each team. This would effect some teams more than others and would still accomplish the overall goal. My problem with the other way is how do you determine who gets the money?
Back to top Go down
ahsfl
League Official
League Official
ahsfl

Number of posts : 859
GM : St. Louis Cardinals
Registration date : 2006-10-21

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 2:56 pm

I also think there have to be some controls in place for this. No doing what Pohlad has done in MIN or Glass did in KC pocketing money. This money had better be spent either in a. player salaries or b. increases in expenses i.e. farm and this needs to be monitored. As to where the money comes from my thought is at the end of the year, u take money from all those that have cash, maybe 10% like CHC has mentioned and spread it equally, this way a team like mine that has good revenue but a budget that I had planned around doesn't get screwed by having money taken that I don't have and some of these teams with huge cash stores will learn to spread it around more wisely rather than hoarding it.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 3:46 pm

ahsfl wrote:
I also think there have to be some controls in place for this. No doing what Pohlad has done in MIN or Glass did in KC pocketing money. This money had better be spent either in a. player salaries or b. increases in expenses i.e. farm and this needs to be monitored. As to where the money comes from my thought is at the end of the year, u take money from all those that have cash, maybe 10% like CHC has mentioned and spread it equally, this way a team like mine that has good revenue but a budget that I had planned around doesn't get screwed by having money taken that I don't have and some of these teams with huge cash stores will learn to spread it around more wisely rather than hoarding it.

Those ideas sound much betterly sound then the regular rev sharing rules of the MLB. I'm obviously not gonna vote for it but I'll accept it if this isn't just a way for small market teams to stockpile money while big market teams all of a sudden are strained due to new rules...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
PadresGM

PadresGM

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-18

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 4:16 pm

I think it's solid but you would need to do as St. Louis suggested.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 4:27 pm

I like this idea
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 7:49 pm

why would small market teams stockpile cash? to buy their mogul house or car or finance a mogul play? maybe run their mogul business? i dont think that should be a problem
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 8:01 pm

thrower25usr wrote:
why would small market teams stockpile cash? to buy their mogul house or car or finance a mogul play? maybe run their mogul business? i dont think that should be a problem

They can just sit back and break out the checkbooks one offseason...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2007 2:23 am

The cash should be up to the team what to do with it. If they want to save cash for a stadium or for a larger spending spree in one season that should be fine. There should be no rules on a team having to spend their money on expenses or salary. If they want to save it should be up to them. I'm fine with whatever people want to do, revenue sharing or no it makes no difference to me. One thing that's obvious is it's a lot easier to win in this game in the larger revenue producing cities. That is clear.
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 1:24 am

just wanted to bring this back up because we definitly need something
Back to top Go down
cubfan131

cubfan131

Number of posts : 456
GM : Chicago Cubs
Registration date : 2006-10-10

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 11:48 am

I agree. What Washington said above is very true this game is much easier in the larger cities. I like my proposal where we take money from everyone and then give back to everyone. For example I proposed taking 10% of every team’s revenues and putting it in a “fund”. I don’t have Mogul in from of me so these are just made up figures. Say NYY had 250 mil in revenues. They would contribute 25 mil to the fund. If KC had revenues of 50 they would contribute 5 mil. Then the fund would be distributed equally to all teams. If the fund had 300 mil then each team would get 10 mil. This would obviously tax team like the Yanks more and would help small teams like KC and PIT. Middle market teams wouldn’t be effected because they would get back close to what they put in. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 12:08 pm

sure...it could even be more than 10 percent if you want to create even more equality. I'm not sure what leagues that have revenue sharing in real life do (I think the NFL does it), but this isn't real life anyways. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other on this issue....I'm pretty indifferent, although I won't say no to getting a bit more money. Smile
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:44 pm

the cubs idea is good. i want to know how the comish stands on this since hes the one whos gonna have to change cash amounts on the game file so whatever is easiest for him
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 3:58 pm

Id be all for this, but what offseason would you like to do this in? 2007-2008 or 2008-2009?
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
Sponsored content

REVENUE SHARING!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: REVENUE SHARING!!!   REVENUE SHARING!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REVENUE SHARING!!!
Page 1 of 1