Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rookie GM of the Year

Go down 
+2
uscsteve
jcclemen2
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Rookie GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:38 am

OK voting for Rookie GM of the year will be posted here...

Potential canidates are:

baseballmoguladdict - Cleveland
dselvey - Florida
shaggy - Milwaukee
drastic - Pittsburgh
GHG83 - San Diego
Ryan1344 - Texas
nxnn14 - Toronto

I will do the voting by having you post a comment with who you're voting for. That way you can't vote for yourself!

If you think you should win, please post here.... this would be especially helpful for this award, since we may not be aware of what you did.... contracts you got rid of, free agents signed, trades made, got out of debt, made money, etc

Remember there will be 4Million for 1st, 2 million for 2nd place.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:32 pm

can we abstain? Smile
Back to top Go down
SanjiWatsuki
League Official
League Official
SanjiWatsuki

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:26 pm

I vote Sanji.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:47 pm

I'd vote for Drastic. Although on field results weren't that positive, he looks to have a plan to where to go with this franchise in disarray, and is a pretty active GM here. I think he is deserving!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
drastic

drastic

Number of posts : 63
GM : Pirates
Registration date : 2007-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:50 pm

I guess I'll make a case for myself.

When I was asked to join this league, I thought it would be a good idea. When told what team that they wanted me to manage, I felt like I wanted to puke. Just by looking at those numbers and the players on the Pirates, I knew that it would be a suicide mission. But the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to do it.

It was the challange that helped change my mind. My competitive juices started running through my veins and I knew that it was meant to be. I just knew that I had to take over that team and take it all the way to victory. Maybe not this year, probably not next year or the year after that, but when lifting a team out from the trenches, it takes time. A baseball team like the Pirates needs to be groomed and restructered in order to become a championship caliber team.

When the job was handed to me, I knew that I had my work cut out for me. I decided to build a plan, and that plan would help glue the pieces and parts back together for this ballclub. I needed to restock my farm system, I needed to get some quality vets with major league experience to help mentor the rookies. I needed to regain the trust from the fans and prove to them that this team was finally serious about winning.

With a couple free agent signings, and a few trades, I helped bring some nifty veterans with a lot talent onto the club, as well as some prospects to fill out the club in the future. The average attendance went up, which allowed for the team to spend more money on the things they needed such as a better medical staff and a better coaching staff down on the farm.

Bottom line is that things are looking very positive since I've stepped in, and the fans are aware of this. Their trust is slowly coming back , and I'm going to make sure that this trend continues this way.

Yours Truly,
Drastic
Pirates G.M.
Back to top Go down
jcc_paco
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2007-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:34 pm

unless there are more votes... Pittsburgh wins with 1 vote Sad
and I'll roll 2million to next year.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2007 12:52 pm

there just isn't anyone I want to vote for in this category!

No offense to anyone...
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:14 pm

OK, Pittsburgh wins by default. 4 Million for Pittsburgh, I will roll the 2M 2nd place money over to this upcoming season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rookie GM of the Year   Rookie GM of the Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rookie GM of the Year
Page 1 of 1