Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GM of the Year

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:40 am

OK voting for GM of the year will be posted here...

I will do the voting by having you post a comment with who you're voting for. That way you can't vote for yourself!

If you think you should win, please post here.... this would be especially helpful for this award, since we may not be aware of what you did.... contracts you got rid of, free agents signed, trades made, got out of debt, made money, etc.

Remember there will be 4Million for 1st, 2 million for 2nd place.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 1:31 pm

This one was tough. I thought jccle would be the easy choice here but I'm going with the Mariners. He hasn't been afraid to take risks even when he's been criticized for giving up too much and has always kept his focus on the future team. He beat three very talented teams in the playoffs: Twins, Orioles, Mighty Mets

Tough call but I'm going to give my vote to Seattle.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:13 pm

I'd give it to JC... wasn't it 4th place to ALCS??? that's pretty impressive... SEA was already a great team for a few years... as mine has...

so the most impressive GM performance this season has to be Baltimore
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:49 pm

Jcclemen of the Baltimore O's. The way you turned that franchise around is pretty adimarble.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:14 pm

I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, but a lot of the moves for his talent WAS made prior to this season. So it was just a matter of bringing players up from the minors to the big leagues.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:13 pm

uscsteve wrote:
I'm not saying he didn't do a good job, but a lot of the moves for his talent WAS made prior to this season. So it was just a matter of bringing players up from the minors to the big leagues.

Well, he did sign Hermida and Lester (the latter a bit questionable) during the offseason, and pulled off trades for Howard, Young, and Williams...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 1:22 am

not doing this to help myself, but there does seem to be some confusion... "GM of the Year - 4 million - Factors to consider would be improvement of record, offseason moves in this past offseason, trades, dealing with injuries, etc. This would be considered from day after last years playoffs through this years World Series. Overall record would be a smaller part of this. If you didn't make any moves in that time, but ended 130-32 you're not going to win. More for activity to improve your team in that time period. Voted on by the league."

Also I didn't bring anyone up, except Drowley and Hurley briefly. majority of my players were traded for or signed in the offseason... lester, aardsma, hermida, scott, delgado, etc were signed, and loney, williams, rupe, ryan howard, and delwyn young traded for. That's a good chunk.... including 5 90+ players, and a few more close to it. And I maintained a good farm system and added some picks in the process.
Back to top Go down
jcc_paco
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2007-06-04

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 8:32 pm

ok, low turnout... need some voters. Otherwise it's Baltimore then Seattle
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 12:18 pm

Baltimore 1st, Seattle 2nd. paid and done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GM of the Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM of the Year   GM of the Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GM of the Year
Page 1 of 1