Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Few things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Few things Empty
PostSubject: Few things   Few things Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 3:29 am

sent this in a PM to everyone, but wanted to post it also, so you can comment, make fun of me, or whatever.

First off, looks like we have some playoff battles brewing:

Teams looking to get in are:
New York Mets 78-25
Washington 64-40
St. Louis 69-34
Chicago Cubs 62-42
San Francisco 74-29

Most likely one of the Nats, Cubs, and Cards won't make it

Baltimore 73-30
Tampa Bay 60-43
New York Yankees 58-46
Detroit 73-30
Minnesota 63-40
Seattle 77-26

Two of these teams will miss out on the playoffs.

Secondly, the trade deadline has brought a flurry of deals, involving some big names:

Alex Rodriguez
Randy Messenger
Carlos Beltran
Roy Oswalt
Imbert Scavino
Roy Halladay
Delwyn Young
Mickey Hall
Carlos Cota
Ian Desmond
Delmon Young
Travis Denker

and several others.

Don't forget the trade deadline will be sometime late Monday night.... I will start a chat session an hour or so before the sim, so watch for that if you're trying to finish a trade up.

Don't forget the 16 or so million in awards money announced earlier in the season! I have started threads for each of the categories, so start discussing! There's still quite a bit of time, but at least for the writers I'd like some frontrunners figured out so they can try and sway the voters their way over the rest of the season!

Offseason discussions.... these are now open! You can post any ideas you have for the league here. If an idea is discussed enough we'll vote on it at the start of the offseason. As part of this, I will be posting the estimated revenue sharing for this season, as well as estimates for next year at the current plan, as well as the next step (which would mean more revenue sharing). The vote for revenue sharing will be to continue as is, discontinue doing this, or increase to the next planned step.

We're always looking for what people want from the league, so speak up here! If you don't have any ideas of your own, check out other people's ideas.

Estimated schedule for the rest of the season:

8/27 sim 7/31 - 8/10
8/28 sim 8/11 - 8/21
8/29 sim 8/22 - 8/31
8/30 sim 9/1 - 9/11
9/2 sim 9/12 - 9/21
9/3 sim 9/22 - 10/2 (end of regular season)
9/4 playoffs

on the playoffs, I'd like to do them all in one night, but this depends on attendance of the playoff teams. I'd like for all the teams to be there, but coordinating this, as well as an independant person to actually run the sim, may not be so easy. At the very least I'll wait to do the WS when both GM's can be there.

I think this is a good plan, means the offseason stuff will start in less than two weeks. I realize this time of year isn't as busy for teams out of the race, but it can still be a time to watch your ticket prices to build some cash up, and watch your minors to make sure they are developing, and resign any players you want to keep next year. Remember, depending on when you sign them a 4 year contract can either include this year, or start after this year. Use that to your advantage!

If you're not sure what your next step with your team should be.... ask someone! I'll be happy to give my opinion, and I'm sure several other veteran GM's wouldn't mind discussing your team either!

Lastly.... we have two open teams, Boston and the White Sox. In addition we have a few teams on the "Watch list". Basically this means you're close to being replaced. Current teams on this list are Philadelphia, LA Angels, and KC. I will probably start trying to find replacements for these owners in a week or so, if I don't hear from them and see some activity. If you know some people who'd be interested invite them! At the very least we can put them on the waiting list.

If you can't continue in the league for some reason, please let me know as soon as possible, so I can try and fill your spot before the offseason

OH, and don't forget to root for the Orioles!
Back to top Go down

Few things
Page 1 of 1