Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Few last things

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Few last things Empty
PostSubject: Few last things   Few last things Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 12:26 pm

I will post a file tonight with all updated lineups that I've received. If I don't have your roster by 4PM tomorrow afternoon I can't guarantee It will be updated for the Spring Training sim tomorrow night, as I'll be gone until 9 or 10 tomorrow night.

We currently have 3 ownerless teams, and 2 who are on notice for being close to being replaced. This season we will be doing a little more to manage our 3 ownerless teams (HOU, MIL, PIT) and any others that lose an owner this season. This will include managing their minors, lineups and rotation, ticket prices, and expenses. In addition I plan to sign a few Major League minimum type free agents to their rosters. I will post these for bidding like any other team, but the plan is to fill their rosters enough so that they have players playing the right positions, without having to call prospects up before they are ready.

Tampa Bay has proposed and provided quite a bit of information on moving to California. I appreciate the effort he's put into this, and unless there is suddenly some opposition or debate on this it will be approved for them to move next offseason.

As part of this, we will introduce an official policy on relocating or building new stadiums, as this has started to come up some recently. The basics will be if Tampa Bays deal is approved they will be moved next offseason to CA and the AL West, leaving the AL East as the 4 team division. In addition we'll put some guidelines in place that will eventually mean you need two years notice to move. I'll start a thread for discussion on this at some point.

International free agent results are all posted. Koji ended up going to KC as they continue to rebuild the Royals. In total 83.5 million was spent on international players and prospects. The plan for this money is:

It will be taken from the winning teams for the next file posted.

The majority of this money is being added to revenue sharing and paid out according to the revenue sharing plan.

All of the 83.5 million will be paid out in the next file. I will post how much each team will receive today or tomorrow. The reason it is being paid now is otherwise we have to take the money out now, and add it back in later.

A portion (15-20million is my guess) will be paid out for awards at the end of the season. The official awards and amounts will be announced early in the season, but a few possibilities include GM of the Year, Rookie GM of the year, Surprise team of the year, Best Writer (for stuff like the Cincy and SFG articles posted last week, and writing in the sim discussions being introduced this year), etc.

This part may seem confusing but needs included. I will pay 83.5 million out now, but 15-20 million is actually an advance on next offseason's revenue sharing. When next offseasons revenue sharing is done, I'll take 15-20 million of that money out as awards money. If this doesn't make sense and you really want to know about it just ask me.

So basically recruit if you know of other potential owners, get your lineups sooner rather than later, and watch for the revenue sharing payout from the international prospects.
Back to top Go down

Few last things
Page 1 of 1