Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Team Revenue

Go down 
+4
hoosier31
kaameleon
deputydan
defense
8 posters

Like it?
yes
Team Revenue Vote_lcap89%Team Revenue Vote_rcap
 89% [ 8 ]
no
Team Revenue Vote_lcap11%Team Revenue Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 pm

And I will quote

"I like my proposal where we take money from everyone and then give back to everyone. For example I proposed taking 10% of every team’s revenues and putting it in a “fund”. I don’t have Mogul in from of me so these are just made up figures. Say NYY had 250 mil in revenues. They would contribute 25 mil to the fund. If KC had revenues of 50 they would contribute 5 mil. Then the fund would be distributed equally to all teams. If the fund had 300 mil then each team would get 10 mil. This would obviously tax team like the Yanks more and would help small teams like KC and PIT. Middle market teams wouldn’t be effected because they would get back close to what they put in. "
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
deputydan

deputydan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-01-10

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:18 pm

current revenue of all teams add up to 3,199,900,000 so at ten percent the total pool would be 319,990,000. each team would get roughly over 10 million dollars. Now my question is this

The whitesox currently have a yearly revenue of 70 million dollars meaning they must contribute 7 million to the fund. however they have negative 7.9 million dollars. would this seven million not be added to the fund or would the whitesox have to contribute making them at a negative 14.9 million but when they receive their distribution of money would be at negative 4.9 million after the whole series.

Just want to confirm what will be done
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 12:20 am

deputydan wrote:
current revenue of all teams add up to 3,199,900,000 so at ten percent the total pool would be 319,990,000. each team would get roughly over 10 million dollars. Now my question is this

The whitesox currently have a yearly revenue of 70 million dollars meaning they must contribute 7 million to the fund. however they have negative 7.9 million dollars. would this seven million not be added to the fund or would the whitesox have to contribute making them at a negative 14.9 million but when they receive their distribution of money would be at negative 4.9 million after the whole series.

Just want to confirm what will be done
Please don't quote me on this, but I was thinking that I would calculate total revenue, and then each teams revenue, and then post for admin what they would make, or lose. So the white sox would be a +3,000,000, and admin would give him three million dollars, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
kaameleon

kaameleon

Number of posts : 461
GM : Seattle Mariners
Favorite Athlete : Roberto Clemente
Registration date : 2007-01-28

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 1:52 am

I actually created a Spreadsheet where you could plug in every teams Revenue, Current cash total and the percentage of revenue to be shared and then it gives an adjusted cash total for each team
Back to top Go down
http://z4.invisionfree.com/New_Millenium_Mogul/index.php?act=idx
hoosier31

hoosier31

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 2:55 pm

Seems like this league could really use someone in the position of 'Financial Advisor' that would keep track of the revenue sharing, loans, etc. Also give that person the responsibility to veto waiver claims that would severely damage the financial position of a team (see PIT). I'm sure there are plenty more responsibilities we could throw at that position as well.
Back to top Go down
PadresGM

PadresGM

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 3:25 pm

I think that's a fantastic idea - the person could have trade mod duties as well if the deal is also financially irresponsible.
Back to top Go down
cubfan131

cubfan131

Number of posts : 456
GM : Chicago Cubs
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 3:44 pm

That is a really good idea. That way the financial aspect of trades can be taken into account when deciding whether to veto a trade.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:00 pm

Decent idea but I'm wary of too much involvement from the government....er, mods.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Also, they could veto a situation like I had last year. I signed talent during free agency. I had very little on my team. I figured I got some of these guys for below their market price and I was right as I was able to trade many of them away for prospects. As a result, I probably have the best farm in the league right now. Someone moderating the financial end of things could have just vetoed my free agency spending.....so that's why I'm cautious.
Back to top Go down
mattynokes

mattynokes

Number of posts : 45
GM : Atlanta Braves
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 5:30 pm

Financial Advisor seems like a good idea, but I don't think the Advisor should be too involved in the FA signings, trades, or waiver claims. Those sort of things should only be vetoed by the Advisor when it's clearly a bad move financialy.

A good example is one of my other league: Tampa Bay (who had something around a $30M budget at the time) traded for Roy Halladay (making $19M) and someone else making $7 or 8M. Obviously this is a dumb move since those two combined take up over 75% of the Payroll Budget.

As for where the money goes: Revenue - Expenses = Profit. Profit + Cash (as of 4-1) = Cash (as of 11-9). So, yeah bascially all that would need done is a Spreadsheet to keep track of all of this.
Back to top Go down
PadresGM

PadresGM

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:37 am

Well I don't think the advisor needs to be some out-of-touch God figure that is unreasonable and only looks at the bottom line. But a mere glance at San Diego or Pittsburgh should be all the indication anyone needs that this could be valuable.

I think you would've been able to proceed easily with what you did Washington.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Team Revenue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team Revenue   Team Revenue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Revenue
Page 1 of 1