Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scouting

Go down 
+9
tunit
Cincinnati GM
ahsfl
thrower25usr
PadresGM
Admin
kaameleon
hoosier31
defense
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Scouting?
Yes, change it to 4% of a team's salary
Scouting - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Scouting - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Yes, change it to 3% of a team's salary
Scouting - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Scouting - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No, keep it the way it is
Scouting - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Scouting - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 11:24 am

deputydan wrote:
I have to agree that this is somethin gthat needs to be addressed as I spend 10 million a year in scouting so I can get the most accurate stats. I don't beleive my team should pay while other teams pay nothing and get the same stats. Not sure exactly what the solution is here. Their is currently 11 teams with their scouting budget at zero. I saw at least one that probably needed it at zero I also saw to admins who had it set at zero probably just cause they can look at the file in commish mode (not gonna say who but you can look) So yeah we need at least a minimum or open up the file in comish file for all to see. Yes you can see their peaks and what not but their are already teams in this league that are able to do that before they make any trades so why should some be aloud to do that and not others

For the count I don't have the commish mode p/w (admin wouldnt give it to me)... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
PadresGM

PadresGM

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-18

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:20 pm

Cincinnati GM wrote:
I can see where Baltimore is coming from but only to a point.
Technically, something can't be called cheating if there was
never any official rules to be broken in the first place.
-Cinci'

There shouldn't have to be a rule if the league sets out to be "realistic". Putting scouting budgets down to zero, especially if you're the Admin, is ridiculously unfair. These are huge chunks of money that led to significant competitive unbalance. Those of us that played fair deserve better then "whoops, sorry - it's nice that you played fair though".
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:42 pm

OriolesGM wrote:

There shouldn't have to be a rule if the league sets out to be "realistic". Putting scouting budgets down to zero, especially if you're the Admin, is ridiculously unfair. These are huge chunks of money that led to significant competitive unbalance. Those of us that played fair deserve better then "whoops, sorry - it's nice that you played fair though".
I was one of the people that left my scouting up at a reasonable level until I started losing loads of money.

Sometimes its neccesary to lower your scouting budget, but honestly, I dont really know how to solve this problem.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
PadresGM

PadresGM

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 2:55 pm

I would propose cash bonuses, draft pick compensation, suspension of free agency priviledges for a certain amount of time - something like that.
Back to top Go down
cubfan131

cubfan131

Number of posts : 456
GM : Chicago Cubs
Registration date : 2006-10-10

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 4:02 pm

What is wrong with setting a minimum expenditure for scouting? Either make it a set amount, say 3 mil, or a percentage of your salaries.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 6:38 pm

cubfan131 wrote:
What is wrong with setting a minimum expenditure for scouting? Either make it a set amount, say 3 mil, or a percentage of your salaries.
I think it should be 3% of your budget, unless you are in debt or losing money.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
hoosier31

hoosier31

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 12:32 am

I think another clause should be that if a team doesn't put any money into farm and medical, they should be allowed to also have nothing in their scouting.
Back to top Go down
PadresGM

PadresGM

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 2:20 am

Admin wrote:
cubfan131 wrote:
I think it should be 3% of your budget, unless you are in debt or losing money.

Scouting should required for all teams with a budget over 80 million. Spending should be kept in check in light of this.

It's what I had to do for two years playing fairly.
Back to top Go down
hoosier31

hoosier31

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-10-14

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 4:03 am

I agree with BAL, actually that is probably a better response than my proposal. As FLA GM I think it was far more worth it for me to drop $11mil to take on Santana than drop that money into my expenses. I'm not a team with over an $80mil budget, so I guess I wouldn't have much a say, but the idea seems fair.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Ok, let's make another poll about scouting. But which plan should we use?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 pm

Will it realistically have a chance when 7 of 10 people just said to keep it and the 3 percent was given as an option?
Back to top Go down
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 17, 2007 11:54 pm

Well, it would be interesting to create a new poll with different
options.

1.) Change it to 3% of a team's salary
2.) Change everyone's scouting to $0 (I have no idea what that
will do to the accuracy of ratings)
3.) Change everyone's scouting to $3M (Again, I have no idea
what that will do to the accuracy of ratings)
4.) Don't change anything.

Don't want to throw in too many options or you'll stand no
chance of getting 75% but needs a few more options. And this
is only a suggestion. Perhaps other options? I know the Orioles
stated they would prefer some sort of compensation for their
efforts to play fairly. But that issue is not for me to address.

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
mattynokes

mattynokes

Number of posts : 45
GM : Atlanta Braves
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm

I think setting everyone's Scouting Budget at $0M is the best option. It's going to continuously be abused and there's no way to police it. I'd hardly imagine anyone who strickly only views Scouting Reports with their own team. I'm sure before any of us finalize a deal we're checking it out with someone's team that has +/- 0 Scouting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scouting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scouting   Scouting - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scouting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2