Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FA Cutoff Times

Go down 
+2
uscsteve
tunit
6 posters

Do you want to:
Leave Free Agency as it is
FA Cutoff Times Vote_lcap40%FA Cutoff Times Vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Set cutoff times/dates that will be determined
FA Cutoff Times Vote_lcap60%FA Cutoff Times Vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:28 pm

Leave Free Agency as it is

or

Set cutoff times/dates that will be determined
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 3:40 pm

It's surprising to me to see the votes in favor of leaving it as it is right now. I don't think it's that big of a deal to shorten it down but when it drags on for almost 2 weeks, people lose interest. To me, this was the worst thing that happened with the league last offseason.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 5:54 pm

I don't think free agency was necessarily the issue last offseason... what really happened was that the draft took 3 weeks to do and we simply didn't sim.. free agency can continue to go as the draft goes... we could set up a schedule instead of binding free agency...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
ahsfl
League Official
League Official
ahsfl

Number of posts : 859
GM : St. Louis Cardinals
Registration date : 2006-10-21

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 6:39 pm

you have to bind the 2 because of comp picks
Back to top Go down
sublimeyanks

sublimeyanks

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2006-10-09

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 8:25 pm

the problem with setting a time limit is that you're gonna have someone just bid at 729 and 59 seconds when the end is 730 and people are gonna feel like that guy "stole" him. that's why i voted for leaving it as is.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 5:17 am

The time limit should be randomly set. We should know the day that it will end, but have someone outside of the league set the time that it will end.
Back to top Go down
jcc_paco
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 348
Registration date : 2007-06-04

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:55 am

if it makes any difference, my thought on this was mainly a cutoff for A free agents. Two things could be done. If the bidding is down to two or three owners for a player we could schedula a chat session for whoever is interested in the player. Bidding would be finalized there. Or the other thought was maybe allowing anyone still interested in the A free agent at the cutoff time would be allowed to sumbit a final bid through email of their "best offer". whoever had the best offer would pay a set amount... say 1M or 500k, above the next highest "best offer"
Back to top Go down
kaameleon

kaameleon

Number of posts : 461
GM : Seattle Mariners
Favorite Athlete : Roberto Clemente
Registration date : 2007-01-28

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:58 pm

What about doing "sealed" bids for ALL A free agents. In other words post the available A free agents and have every one interested send in bids via PM or E-mail within say 5 days of the posting and the highest sealed bid gets the player.

I've seen this done in another league just thought I'd throw it out there.
Back to top Go down
http://z4.invisionfree.com/New_Millenium_Mogul/index.php?act=idx
Sponsored content

FA Cutoff Times Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Cutoff Times   FA Cutoff Times Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FA Cutoff Times
Page 1 of 1