Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who do you think had the best draft?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Who do you think had the best draft? Empty
PostSubject: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 2:41 pm

Who did you guys think had the best draft? Who do you think had the worst? Talk about what happened in the draft in this thread...

I feel I had a very good draft and added much needed hitters to my farm system. Plus I added some guys who I think could be good relievers down the road to go along with my young starters.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Hmm, I don't get why Lewis was my first round pick. I thought if the person wasn't there, you pick the best peak, and if my scouting is close, he is a 40/81.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:28 pm

Well I was pleased with my draft... part of that of course was the quantity of picks I added beforehand. That quantity should cover for any mistakes I did make, but I was pretty happy with my picks. I also thought Minnesota and Milwaukee had good drafts, and the Cards started making some better picks about halfway through. Smile

Anyway on to my draft. My farm system is already pretty deep at most positions, so I thought I could afford to reach a little when necessary to get some players I really liked in a few places.

To recap:

1st rd # 8 Nat Will SP
1st rd # 10 Kevin MacWhirter SP
1st rd # 22 Hamanari Sun 1b
1st rd # 24 Josh Steinbeck RP
2nd rd # 57 Chad Paugh SP
2nd rd # 60 Houston Marques SP
2nd rd # 69 Jimmy Shrimpton LF
3rd rd # 99 Gabe Logan C
3rd rd # 117 Masato Seino LF
4th rd # 126 Carl Winkelstein 3b

I tried pretty hard before the draft to trade up to 1 or 3 to be able to select Chaban, but only Houston got back to me and I wasn't willing to give up what they wanted. Since I couldn't do that my plan was to get two (hopefully) future aces and then target Hamanari Sun with one of my later picks. I was able to that so 1st round went pretty well just going by those 3 picks. My last 1st round pick I'm not sure what to make of.... I was looking to add a RP, and I got that. Steinbeck is a lefty sidearm pitcher throwing 80 mph.... but has some wicked movement on his pitches. This year in spring training he went 19 innings with no runs allowed and a 149 baa, so he's off to a good start.

With the rest of the draft I got pretty much what I wanted... two pitching prospects with decent upside that will need some time to develop and several position players to further add to my minor league depth. Shrimpton should develop a pretty good bat, and Logan is a good defensive catcher that should be a decent hitter as well.

This draft was a key part of my rebuilding plans for Baltimore, and I came away pretty happy. I feel we now boast one of the deepest farm systems in the league, with several future stars that will be ready to contribute in the next few years.

Any comments on my draft are welcome!
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:33 pm

I have Lewis as a 69/95 at the time of the draft... not sure what happened after that.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:34 pm

jcclemen2 wrote:
I have Lewis as a 69/95 at the time of the draft... not sure what happened after that.
Oh ok. Just making sure. Well that sucks for me
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:44 pm

defense wrote:
jcclemen2 wrote:
A lot of times players' peaks drop during spring training. If he has a good year, it should move back up.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
SanjiWatsuki
League Official
League Official
SanjiWatsuki

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:35 pm

I obviously had the best draft. One pick for the win.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:49 pm

Admin wrote:
defense wrote:
jcclemen2 wrote:
A lot of times players' peaks drop during spring training. If he has a good year, it should move back up.

Yeah, Mogul has this weird thing where the ratings drop to rock bottom right after the season and during Spring Training...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you think had the best draft?   Who do you think had the best draft? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who do you think had the best draft?
Page 1 of 1