Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What you need to know about this league

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

What you need to know about this league Empty
PostSubject: What you need to know about this league   What you need to know about this league Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2006 5:46 pm

If you read this, you will understand completely how to be a part of this league.

Game Files
After every simulation, which will be held every Sunday-Thursday, the game file will be posted. You will be able to look up whatever you want from there. You can make roster changes or

Roster Changes
If you would like to Send down/Call up a player, start a topic about it in the forum callups/send downs. Also, you can post in your depth chart whether you want to send someone up or down. If you dont want the player anymore and you dont want to buy out his contract, you can put that player on waivers. He is then available to every team in the league and the team with the worst winning percentage that claims him, recieves him and his contract.

Trading Block
Each time you place a player on the trading block, start a new topic about each player. Each player should have their own thread. If you decide to take a player off of the list, post in that topic and the thread will be closed. You can work out trades in this forum until you come to an agreement. Once youve figured out which players are being traded where, make a post in the pending trades forum. This is where the mods will make a decision on whether the trade should be approved or denied.

Approving/Denying Trades
If I approve a trade, it will go to the approved trade forum. If I deny the trade, it will go to the denied trade forum. If it is denied, I will write my reason and you can work the trade out in that forum until it is approved. Or you can abandon the trade.

Draft
When it is time for the draft, you will make a list of what players you want. You do not need to rank every player. If you dont feel like ranking the whole draft, you can just say what kind of a player you want in each round. For example, if in the fourth round you want a fast defensive cf with a huge upside, you can just say that.

Here is an example of what you could make your draft....

1st Round: The highest player on your list still available
2nd Round: The next highest left
If all of your players are gone, you can put this
3rd Round: Best power hitting first basemen who is almost major league ready
4th Round: Fast, good defensive IF, who can be put on our bench right away.
5th Round: Power relief pitcher who has a huge upside
6th Round: A young 17 year old catcher with the most upside

Rule V Draft
We conduct a rule V draft every offseason after the amateur draft. We do this so teams do not stockpile on minor league talent. Any player on the 25 man roster is not available. The GM of a team can protect up to 15 minor league players. If you draft a player, you must pay the team you drafted him from $100,000. You must keep him on your 25 man roster the whole year, unless he is injured. If he is injured, you may put him on the DL. If you want to send your player to the minors, you have to offer the player back to his old team for $50,000. If they want him, they get him back by paying the cash. If they dont want him, the player must then pass through waivers. If he passes waivers, then he can be placed in the minors and he will become like any other minor leaguer. Once I post when the draft will be held, you will have 2-3 days to pick the fifteen players you want to protect. You must pm them to me by the deadline. After the deadline, I will post all of the players protected. You will then have 2-3 days to pm me which player you want to draft. If you dont have the first pick in the draft, it would be a good idea to list the players you want, this way if the player is taken, you will still have your second choice, third choice, and so on. And finally, the maximum players that can be selected from a team is two.

Injuries
Before every season, you must submit a depth chart. If a player gets injured, I will sub in the player on your depth chart for the rest of the sim. If it is a major injury, you may post a topic and tell me who to callup/sign and who to replace the injured player with. You could also post in your depth chart whether or not

Finances
If you would like to change anything concerning ticket prices or money, post it in the forum entitled money.

Free Agency
I will start a topic for each free agent that is available to sign. You may start the bidding as low as you want and you may keep on bidding until there has been 24 hours since the last bid. The person with the highest bid gets the player.

Offseason
The same free agency system will work in the offseason, but there will be many, many threads with all of the free agents. Make sure you look for the player you want to sign before starting a topic about it.

Abitration
If a player is abitration elibible, you must tell me what you want to offer him. If you do not, each player will be offered what they want and it will be much more expensive, so make sure you tell me what you want me to offer them. When it is time, post these in the contracts forum.

Contract Extensions
If you want to sign someone to a contract extension, you must tell me something they will accept and I will sign them. Post this in the contract forum.

Depth Charts
When you make your depth chart, tell me the order you want each player to be in and tell me each players backup. For pitching, tell me who the 6th and 7th starters are and which relievers to call up when someone gets injured. If you do not want me to call a player up if someone is not injured for a certain amount of days, make sure you put that in your depth chart. Also, tell me what level you want each of your minor leaguers at. If you do not mention them, I will keep them where they are.

Comments????
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com

What you need to know about this league
Page 1 of 1