Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arbitration cases

Go down 
5 posters

Should this be passed?
Yes
Arbitration cases Vote_lcap80%Arbitration cases Vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
No
Arbitration cases Vote_lcap20%Arbitration cases Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:09 pm

Do you think we should somehow reduce the amount of money a player makes during arbitration?

A player who is eligible for arbitration can make X% of the full amount in the game. A player in his second of year of eligibility can make Y% of the amount they receive in the game. And a player who is in his third year can make Z%.

X<Y<Z

The percentage would increasingly get higher and would make the prices more realistic. If this is passed, we do not have to come up with the numbers right now because I can always go back and edit the salary. But we mus come up with the numbers before next season starts.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:15 pm

I think it should be done by overalls

90 and above-100%
80-89-80%
70-79-60%
69 and below(unless it is like 300k, where it can't get lower)-50%

But I think this should be started next year. Waiting for it to pass this year might lose us a gm, or two.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:24 pm

defense wrote:

90 and above-100%
80-89-80%
70-79-60%

But I think this should be started next year. Waiting for it to pass this year might lose us a gm, or two.
Why should 90s and above make 100%? Were trying to lower arbitration. Guys like Matt Holliday shouldnt be asking for 15 million+.

And how would we lose gms, this shouldnt take long at all and it wont affect free agency or anything.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:32 pm

Admin wrote:
defense wrote:

90 and above-100%
80-89-80%
70-79-60%

Why should 90s and above make 100%? Were trying to lower arbitration. Guys like Matt Holliday shouldnt be asking for 15 million+.

And how would we lose gms, this shouldnt take long at all and it wont affect free agency or anything.
Because usually 90 rated players who are getting abritration are young stars. IMO, they should get what they are asking for. Plus, iirc, Holliday is has an expired contract, not an abritation case.

Well, if it doesn't take too long, ok. Just saying, a long time without any action(sims/offseason/etc.), and gms might lose interest.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 7:36 pm

defense wrote:
Admin wrote:
defense wrote:

90 and above-100%
80-89-80%
70-79-60%

Because usually 90 rated players who are getting abritration are young stars. IMO, they should get what they are asking for. Plus, iirc, Holliday is has an expired contract, not an abritation case.

Well, if it doesn't take too long, ok. Just saying, a long time without any action(sims/offseason/etc.), and gms might lose interest.
They shouldnt get their market value during arbitration.
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 11:34 pm

im all for paying less
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 12:04 am

Admin wrote:

They shouldnt get their market value during arbitration.
I am not going to vote. I am not fond of the idea how it is, but I am not going to vote against paying less.
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 1:25 am

I think it's to late to do anything substantial for this year as most teams have made their releases already.

I'm not sure with the specifics of arbitration, I know after 3, sometimes 2, years of ML experience they are arb eligible. When playing BM by myself I always sign them long term at this point because it doesn't make any sense to go through arbitration since they want so much.

I think that's the point being made though. If you look here

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=719&Itemid=78

it's basically 2006 and 2007 arbitration results, plus a link to a pdf of 1974-2004 arbitration results. If you look at 2007 there were 7 cases that they list that actually went to arbitration... 4 of these were decided at less than 1M. There were 2 decided for 2-4 million dollar range, and only 1 for over that. Looking at this one emphasizes how off the arbitration #'s are in the game. I believe this was MIguel Cabrera's first year for arbitration, but he asked for 7.4M and won, with the club offer being 6.7M. This is quite a bit less than he'd probably get in Mogul.

When you look at 2006 the big winner was Alfonso Soriano, but I would guess that he was in his 2nd or 3rd year of being arb eligible, as he had more years playing experience at that point. He ended up getting 10Million. I think when I looked at the PDF the highest previous #'s exchanged was 10 & 12.5 million for Millwood in 2004, but they were able to avoid arb by signing a 1 year 11 million dollar contract. The other I was not sure about was Maddux in 2003, 16M and 13.5, but I'm not sure why Maddux gets arb in his 50's... okay late 30's/early 40s, but he has been around for ever.

So maybe my suggestion on this would be if it's voted to do something about this do something small this year, say 90% of what they are asking. As I mentioned earlier most people already did their releases, so it can't be anything that would have changed their mind on a person. Then put something together for the next few years. I'd suggest part of this would be a cap on the amount a player can get, then work backwards from there. If nobody has ever won more than 10 million in arbitration maybe that's a good start. Then just figure out the %'s from there.

Oh just out of curiousity i found this, when Pujols was getting ready to go to arbitration they ended up signing a long term deal. Prior to that the numbers were 7million club/10.5 million player. I believe this was his 1st year of being eligible.
Back to top Go down
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 2:34 pm

jcclemen2 wrote:
I think it's to late to do anything substantial for this year as most teams have made their releases already.

I agree completely. I'm going to refrain from voting on this item for
the moment. I like the idea, but it shouldn't take effect until just
before next offseason. If this was in place before our offseason, I would
have made an attempt to keep one of the players I dropped.

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arbitration cases Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbitration cases   Arbitration cases Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arbitration cases
Page 1 of 1