Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FA Bidding

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mattynokes

mattynokes

Number of posts : 45
GM : Atlanta Braves
Registration date : 2007-02-20

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Why not make something concrete so we know exactly who is leading the FA bidding? The most logical way is to make the highest total value win.

So with that I propose...

The total value gets the player ($3M for 4 Years = $12M). It's as simple as that. Team Options are valued at 50% and cannot be more than 25% above or below the base salary ($3M for 4 Years with a Team Option of $6M for 1 Year = $12.75M). This is because theoretically you could offer a $1M for 1 Year contact with a Team Option worth $10M for 1 Year and have it be worth $11M total, then release the player when the option comes up. Player Options are still valued at 100% and can be any amount you wish, since the player decides to exercise the option.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:34 pm

The only problem i see with that is a 2 yr/12 would be beat by a 4/6.1 which isnt really realistic.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:36 pm

We need to have system in place. This one sounds like the best...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
mattynokes

mattynokes

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:48 pm

Admin wrote:
The only problem i see with that is a 2 yr/12 would be beat by a 4/6.1 which isnt really realistic.
That's true, but there really isn't a better solution.

You could always add some sort of clause to make those type of offers void. Like maybe new offers have to follow somewhat in line of the previous offers.

Or maybe have age be a factor to what offer they'd rather have. Here's what I proposed in my other league:

17-24 Age = Long Term
25-30 Age = Straight Up
31-34 Age = Short Term (1-3 years)
35-45 Age = 1 Year

17-24 = Every year OVER 3 increases the value 25% (I.E. a 5 year deal makes the total amount worth 150%)
25-30 = The total amount gets the guy (I.E. 5M for 3 Years = 15M)
31-34 = Every year OVER 3 decreases the value 25% (I.E. a 5 year deal make the total amount worth 50%)
35+ = Every year OVER 1 decreases the value by 25%
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:57 pm

When I look at contracts, I mostly look at money per year. This should get your player signed about 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
mattynokes

mattynokes

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:59 pm

I still think there needs to be a definite system in place so once an offer is posted we know who would sign him if the bidding ended with no more offers 100% of the time.
Back to top Go down
deputydan

deputydan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-01-10

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 12:19 am

I agree with Matty, you guys really need something concrete in place here. Some players are going to take the larger per year while others (probably lower rated players) would rather have longer years. I just think you should have something solid in place and it shouldn't be arbitrary and on management's whim who gets who
Back to top Go down
deputydan

deputydan

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-01-10

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 9:13 pm

Ok, I am going to use my Vernon Wells bidding as to why this is something that needs to be addressed. I currently have around 20 to 25 million in Payroll Budget room. What I am going to bid on is going to vary depending on what happens with vernon wells. Obviously I am preparing to spend a lot of money on him but if I feel the mets are going to beet me and get him I am going to use the money I have earmarked for him someplace else. I am prepared to go to x dollarsd on him (not really gonna say as the bidding is still open) However as of last night I was not really sure who the leading bidder was. Now Wednesday is my day off of work every week and my big day for making my moves in my leagues. But I couldn't really do that because I wasn't sure where I stood with Wells until 5 this afternoon.

Just a thought on the situation.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 9:30 pm

I think we have to do something concrete. Maybe leave this one for now since free agency has already started, but starting next year, there has to be a concrete way to judge bids, in my opinion. I kind of liked mattynokes' idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
Sponsored content

FA Bidding Empty
PostSubject: Re: FA Bidding   FA Bidding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FA Bidding
Page 1 of 1