Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

StL has a new GM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jacobcollins

jacobcollins

Number of posts : 11
GM : St. Louis Cardinals
Registration date : 2007-10-03

StL has a new GM Empty
PostSubject: StL has a new GM   StL has a new GM Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:46 pm

Jacob Collins was officially announced as the St. Louis Cardinals GM today, and he seemed rather optomistic about this St. Louis Cardinals team.
"I think this team can be successful this season and many to come. I am fortunate to have inherited a talented team in a division that i believe that we can win."

St. Louis is currently 26-17 atop the NL Central division, with a 2 game lead over the Cincinnati Reds. Collins has already posted some offers on some Free Agents, has called GM's about some trade offers, and is starting to tweak the teams strategy, as the Manager skipped town the same time the GM did. "To have two key members of an organization dip out on them at the same time is rough, and i hope to find a manager to fill the spot as soon as possible." Interim manager Larry Walker has done an excellent job so far, and many believe he will keep that post for the rest of the season.

The Cardinals are extremely talented at the INF positions, so much so that they currently have two 2B prospects playing in the outfield. Rick Ankiel is not currently in the starting lineup, but Collins hinted that Ankiel could be placed out in the Outfield as soon as next week.

For a manager of such a young age, Collins has a nice Front Office Pedigree. His first Front Office job was Assistant GM for the Johnson City Redbirds. Collins left that post after 1 season to become the manager of the Southern Illinois Miners in the Frontier League. After only 1 season, and only missing the playoffs by 1 game, Collins returned to the Cardinals Organization as Assistant GM in Springfield. 3 succesful seasons later, he was bumped up into the St. Louis front office, and has now inherited the reigns of the St. Louis Cardinals.
Back to top Go down

StL has a new GM
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League :: League News :: Stories/Sim Discussions-
Jump to: