Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2010 Award Categories announced!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

2010 Award Categories announced! Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Award Categories announced!   2010 Award Categories announced! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 7:27 pm

As mentioned previously, we are going to take a portion of the money generated by international prospects and free agents and use it as award money for a few things.

GM of the Year - 4 million - Factors to consider would be improvement of record, offseason moves in this past offseason, trades, dealing with injuries, etc. This would be considered from day after last years playoffs through this years World Series. Overall record would be a smaller part of this. If you didn't make any moves in that time, but ended 130-32 you're not going to win. More for activity to improve your team in that time period. Voted on by the league.

Rookie GM of the Year - 4 million - (same as above, but only owners with 2 or fewer offseasons are eligible. I say two because owners like Pittsburgh will have gotten their team out of debt this year, but couldn't do much in the offseason free agent market.)

Writer of the Year - 4 Million - Basically posting in the sim discussions and stories section. I'd like to announce arround the trade deadline who the 4 or 5 contenders for this are.

Runner up Writer of the Year - 2 Million - Same as above, except 2nd place

I would like to award 1 more, and will open this up to ideas from the league. If nothing good is suggested I will just award 2 million each for runner ups for GM of the Year and Rookie GM of the year.

Also as part of these we may have a time where people who think they are deserving winners can post why they should win...
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Award Categories announced!   2010 Award Categories announced! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 9:49 pm

How about nominations for GM of the Year and Rookie GM of the Year.

Then we can talk say, 5 owners or so and vote on them.

If there are more than 5 nominations either include everyone nominated or have a prelim vote to see who gets included.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Award Categories announced!   2010 Award Categories announced! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 10:32 pm

We could give an award out to the GM with the best turnaround year. So if a team takes a team like Pittsburgh and turns them around to a .500 team, they can get a reward.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
SanjiWatsuki
League Official
League Official
SanjiWatsuki

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Award Categories announced!   2010 Award Categories announced! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 11:59 pm

Admin wrote:
We could give an award out to the GM with the best turnaround year. So if a team takes a team like Pittsburgh and turns them around to a .500 team, they can get a reward.

I wish they had that last year. I could have been a contender.
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Award Categories announced!   2010 Award Categories announced! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:18 am

best turnaround year... i knew you had a good one. We'll leave the last category open for now, and let the league decide. Best turnaround year is a good option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Award Categories announced!   2010 Award Categories announced! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Award Categories announced!
Page 1 of 1