Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Featured writers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Featured writers Empty
PostSubject: Featured writers   Featured writers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 3:24 pm

Any interest in adding 1 or 2 featured writers, and if so in being one? Basically I was thinking a small portion of the revenue sharing pool could be taken and paid to these people's team. Something like 3-5 million at the end of the season.

These people would receive their own section on the board, to post in as they want, or maybe we could specify something like once a week, twice a month, or something like that. They could write about whatever they want concerning the league, do GM interviews, etc. If so we'd be looking for some creative ideas on what to do with this, so if you'd be interested in doing this post here, but keep your ideas of what you'd do to yourself. Other owners just post what you think of this idea.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Featured writers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Featured writers   Featured writers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:03 pm

I think we should just have ppl do this for fun... w/o pay... I mean, if you take the job, it should prob just be for fun... and I don't think we'll have a problem finding one or two ppl for it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

Featured writers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Featured writers   Featured writers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 5:18 pm

I believe jcc merely suggested it as an incentive to get more
managers. It's a somewhat trivial incentive, but one none
the less. *shrug*

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
jhuang16888

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-07-09

Featured writers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Featured writers   Featured writers Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2007 6:39 pm

i'm up for the job Smile
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Featured writers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Featured writers   Featured writers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:37 pm

Yes, Cincy is right. It is a small incentive... that is maybe worth enough for another free agent. It will not affect revenue sharing much. For instance 3M to this person would probably mean a couple hundred thousand difference to the teams receiving the most shared revenue.

The general idea is I'd like to see something like what Defense has (stealing his idea here, or at least that's where i saw it).... a sim discussion about each sim... just a blurb about how your team did if you want. Then maybe something a little more where somebody took some time to do some more detailed writing, or maybe even interviewed GMs, or something like that. Just would lead to more interaction between owners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Featured writers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Featured writers   Featured writers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Featured writers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League :: Archives :: 2009 Winter Meetings-
Jump to: