Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi profile teams available

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Hi profile teams available Empty
PostSubject: Hi profile teams available   Hi profile teams available Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Just wanted to see what people think should be done with these as they become available. For instance I spoke to the Yankees owner and the Yankees are now available. There are some other big name teams on the less than active owner list that could become available as well.... Boston and Atlanta plus several others.

Just a few possibilities:

Post on Sportsmogul and allow the first person to request them to get them.

Allow current members to switch teams, possibly decided by lottery if there is enough demand.

Keep them open for the upcoming season and then award them at the end of the year. Maybe teams would join and be active for a season for a chance at owning say the Yankees or Red Sox. Possibly hold a lottery to award at that time.

Other options?
Back to top Go down
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Hi profile teams available   Hi profile teams available Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:28 pm

I like the idea of having an owner active for a season before
taking over "the big boys". But letting current owners switch
to those teams makes sense as well. Personally, I still have
an offense to build in Cinci' before I even think about taking
on the beastly Yankee-esque teams.

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

PostSubject: Re: Hi profile teams available   Hi profile teams available Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2007 7:53 pm

OK, need some thoughts on this. I can confirm that the Yankees are now available. I've also spoken to tunit and his thoughts were these teams (Boston could be available as well if I don't hear back from them soon) should be made available as that would attract 2 new owners pretty quickly.

I'm almost thinking about doing this: Posting on Sportsmogul tomorrow all available teams. I will make part of this a interested in New York and a Interested in Boston signup thread. Winner of these teams could be determined two ways. Random lottery which I've already figured out how to do, or I could allow potential owners to "Bid" on these teams. This would work in the following way... interested owners would submit a blind bid by emailing me what they would give up over the next "x" seasons... for instance "25 million per year for 5 seasons plus my 1st round pick the next two seasons" Cash would go into the revenue sharing pool, in addition to what they already will owe, and draft picks could be used as rewards... say awarding to the most improved team over the previous season, or something like that. What this is used for could be voted on in the offseason voting.
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

PostSubject: Re: Hi profile teams available   Hi profile teams available Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 5:54 pm

taken care of. All open teams are available.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi profile teams available   Hi profile teams available Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi profile teams available
Page 1 of 1