Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

switching to mogul 08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

Number of posts : 1395
GM : Baltimore
Registration date : 2007-03-10

switching to mogul 08 Empty
PostSubject: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 5:41 pm

Just an idea to consider, as it may make it easier to recruit new owners.
Back to top Go down
SanjiWatsuki
League Official
League Official
SanjiWatsuki

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2006-10-17

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Do more people own '08 than '07? I think really the turning point in getting members is when '07 goes free.
Back to top Go down
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:20 pm

SanjiWatsuki wrote:
Do more people own '08 than '07? I think really the turning point in getting members is when '07 goes free.

Is there any ETA on when that will take place?

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:23 pm

Cincinnati GM wrote:
SanjiWatsuki wrote:

-Cinci'
I agree that is the question. I mean I have a 2008 league(as a lot of you know), and it is flourishing. So switching to 2008 would get gms, but I think we could get more with 2007 free. Just can this league survive until it becomes free?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:23 pm

Cincinnati GM wrote:
SanjiWatsuki wrote:

-Cinci'
I agree that is the question. I mean I have a 2008 league(as a lot of you know), and it is flourishing. So switching to 2008 would get gms, but I think we could get more with 2007 free. Just can this league survive until it becomes free?
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Cincinnati GM wrote:
SanjiWatsuki wrote:

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2007 10:25 pm

Buhahaha! Apparently head management in Arizona wants
everything in triplicate! Very Happy

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 12:48 am

I agree that the problem is not knowing when 07 will be made free. I would think they would not do this to close to 08 being made available... I think they would do it more to give people a taste to get them interested when 09 comes out, which could be a while.

If we end the season with the league roughly half full after the owner check in maybe we should take a one week break for recruiting. If at that point we've made very little progress maybe we should look to make the switch. Or if we get alot of feedback during recruiting saying they'd be interested if the league made the switch to 08.

I will admit though that I have not been around the sportsmogul game long enough to know or remember when they've made these available in the past. I believe at some point I may have downloaded 05??? but can't be certain. Seems like at that point 07 was about to come out, but I may be mistaken.

ALso as a side note I have opened our league file using 07 and 08 with commissioner mode in both. The biggest problem I noticed was that all the lineups were jumbled up. Not that big a deal to fix. In addition my major league players current ratings were the same in both. Most of my prospects were the same, but I had a few where the current was off by maybe 1 or 2, and I noticed 2 peaks that were 3 off. When I looked at the current hitting and fielding ratings were the same, as well as all of their skills ratings. The finances and standings all looked correct to me, although there were a few teams that were off by 100k one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
GOYANKSGONJ

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-07-11

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:59 am

I say we make this a poll, majority rules. Yes or no as only choices.
Back to top Go down
jcclemen2

jcclemen2

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:12 am

At this time my plan is to hold off on this. If there had been more interest earlier in the season I would have taken some time to play with switching over. If you own 08 and have tried opening our game file with you probably know that it is not a perfect process. Expenses, lineups, ratings, and other things tend to be screwy. Expenses and lineups can be fixed, but if the ratings are very much off that's a problem.

I'd like to ask for some help with this once we get to the start of the regular season. What I would like is for people who have 08 and 07 to open the game and play with it in both versions. Then we can see what problems there would be in dealing with this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: switching to mogul 08   switching to mogul 08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

switching to mogul 08
Page 1 of 1