Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Position Changes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mattynokes

mattynokes

Number of posts : 45
GM : Atlanta Braves
Registration date : 2007-02-20

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 4:16 pm

I don't see an place for it or an exact rule on how it's done. I guess I'll just explain my situation first.

Kelly Johnson's only shot at making my MLB roster is in the infield. He came up as an infielder in real life and was moved to the outfield. This season (real life again) he is actually moving to second base and competing for the starting job. After all that I've said, I'd like to change him to 2B.

Maybe they're allowed, I don't know. But either way their should be a system for it. Position Changes should make sense and be logical. I can't stand when people use lefties at C, 2B, 3B, or SS. This isn't Little League anymore, it's the darn Major League boys.

Bascially I think there could be a section dedicated to position changes and a GM should have to post his reasons why he wants to make a change. Then it would be reviewed by the Commish and /or mods for approval. Some reasons may be short like: "His backup position is OF and he has a shot at starting in LF, not RF" or some may need some explaining like mine. And yes, I know starting a player at the position for 2 years automatically switches him, but that doesn't do anything for backups.
Back to top Go down
thrower25usr

thrower25usr

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 10:46 pm

i agree
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 4:00 pm

I dont think we should dedicate a whole forum for this because not many gms change player's positions. And its their team, if they want a lefty at C, 2B, 3B, or SS, its their decision.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
mattynokes

mattynokes

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Ok, but I don't think random Primary Position changes should be made unless there's some evidence to back up the claim (like a 1B who's never played SS in his life). If they want to play lefties I guess it could fly, but I'm highly against being able to freely change a player's Primary Position just cuz a GM wants to.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 4:16 pm

mattynokes wrote:
Ok, but I don't think random Primary Position changes should be made unless there's some evidence to back up the claim (like a 1B who's never played SS in his life). If they want to play lefties I guess it could fly, but I'm highly against being able to freely change a player's Primary Position just cuz a GM wants to.
Then that player will play awful defense.
Back to top Go down
mattynokes

mattynokes

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 4:41 pm

Ok, clearly you're missing the point. Doing so ruins players. In my other league I've seen such players as Trot Nixon and Travis Hafner ruined cuz of being changed to positions that shouldn't be allowed to be changed to. It hurts their trade value, it hurts the league, and most of all it's not realistic in any shape or form.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:39 pm

mattynokes wrote:
Ok, clearly you're missing the point. Doing so ruins players. In my other league I've seen such players as Trot Nixon and Travis Hafner ruined cuz of being changed to positions that shouldn't be allowed to be changed to. It hurts their trade value, it hurts the league, and most of all it's not realistic in any shape or form.
I understand that, but its still the gms decision if he wants to change a players position.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:05 pm

Don Mattingly, one of my favorite players actually played 1 game at 2nd base and 3 games at 3rd base. No, not in Little League, for the New York Yankees. I know it doesn't happen much but there is an occasional lefty out of place.
Back to top Go down
tunit
Admin
Admin
tunit

Number of posts : 1061
GM : New York Mets

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 11:44 pm

Its really not very common so it shouldnt be an issue...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ipbnation.com
Sponsored content

Position Changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Position Changes   Position Changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Position Changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League :: Archives :: OBML WINTER MEETINGS 2007-
Jump to: