Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Outahere Sports Baseball Mogul 2007 League

The Greatest Baseball Mogul League on the Web

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For in debt teams, part deux

Go down 
+3
ahsfl
PadresGM
defense
7 posters

Like it?
yes
For in debt teams, part deux Vote_lcap50%For in debt teams, part deux Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
no
For in debt teams, part deux Vote_lcap50%For in debt teams, part deux Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

For in debt teams, part deux Empty
PostSubject: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 9:56 pm

One contract offer up to eight million a year for only one of their own non-arby players

Up to six 1 yr/1 million dollar contacts in free agency to get pieces in free agency for the present so they can keep some fans???
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
PadresGM

PadresGM

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:46 am

I still think the first step is unlimited roster cleanout. I think that's a must before we can talk about free agency. To me, if I took one of them over, I'd probably want to wait to spend until I was rid of the contracts holding me down.
Back to top Go down
ahsfl
League Official
League Official
ahsfl

Number of posts : 859
GM : St. Louis Cardinals
Registration date : 2006-10-21

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 12:51 am

I'm with BAL on that one, maybe allow some flex to keep their young stars but other than that don't think it will help much. Also the thought of allowing unlimited league min pickups could be an idea to help a team improve some over the winter
Back to top Go down
hoosier31

hoosier31

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2006-10-14

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 2:52 am

I'm pretty sure all the teams that are severely in debt are not doing well in the standings, so adding players isnt the answer. One of the the options has to include dumping bad contracts.
Back to top Go down
Cincinnati GM

Cincinnati GM

Number of posts : 339
Favorite Athlete : David Eckstein
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:43 pm

I realize that the severely debted teams need work to be made a
bit more attractive, but just how much of a free pass should be
handed out to us in-debt folks? I can understand finding ways to
make it quicker for us to get things going, but it should be done
in moderation. I say that because I already forsee someone
regretting a bad contract a couple years in... then intentionally
going into debt so they can suddenly drop their "bad" contract.
Let's be careful of how much a free pass is given out.

-Cinci'
Back to top Go down
PadresGM

PadresGM

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 1:55 pm

They get one free pass at the start of taking over their team to purge what was done before them. Anything they do - is on them.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2538
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 2:55 pm

I think if you get your team into debt, you shouldnt be able to drop bad contracts, but if you join and take a team thats in debt, you can drop contracts.
Back to top Go down
https://baseballmogul2007.editboard.com
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 4:18 pm

Yes, this is what I'd said previously. Let's just fix the teams that are in bad shape that don't have owners. If the owner has gotten them into the mess they're in, then it's their own fault.
Back to top Go down
defense
Admin
Admin
defense

Number of posts : 1763
GM : D'backs
Favorite Athlete : Rick Dipietro
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 pm

Ok, so everyone likes the dropping a bad contract every offseason, and unlimited league minimum contracts idea better than this one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/pie1231
PadresGM

PadresGM

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 5:32 pm

I'm not sure how this keeps getting confused - the new owner of one of those teams has a week to eliminate all players he wants. When that week is done - that's his team. No other breaks.

If we want to talk about some kind of FA bonus on top of that, we could - but the week to dump players is a must to me.
Back to top Go down
uscsteve
League Official
League Official
uscsteve

Number of posts : 1148
GM : Washington Nationals
Favorite Athlete : myself
Registration date : 2006-12-12

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 8:06 pm

Yeah...I agree with Baltimore....just what he states up above.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For in debt teams, part deux   For in debt teams, part deux Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For in debt teams, part deux
Page 1 of 1